Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Covered bridge will fit nice on the layout

     This week I've been working on my covered bridge and some roadbed. The covered bridge roof, walls and track platform are done, but not without a major problem found just in time. Nothing is assemble yet, that's why I build a little jig so that the walls could hold in place. Everything fit perfectly, checked the inside height with a locomotive and some freight and everything was ok......... until I tried a car carrier....... OH NO, I need to raise the roof by 1/4 inch, glad nothing was assembled. I was able to add an 1/2" extension which fits very nice.

     What's next for the bridge, front and back top wall, touch ups, paint, weathering and then assembling.



     As for the layout, all I did was installing more roadbeds. For the coming week, I'd like to finish the roadbed and elevation work on the sub roadbed just past the village (before the peninsula). I also want to start work on my next bridge which is a trestle bridge. The covered bridge is for the passenger train while the trestle bridge is for freight.


Later

No comments:

Post a Comment