Monday, December 7, 2015

More work as been done

     It's been a week, so it's time for a new update.

     Only got my wood Friday so it was a slow week, but a busy weekend.
     
     While waiting, I decided to work on the the track framework elevations. Even though the design showed a flat track, I wanted to put some elevations, so needed to do lots of calculation to keep the slope at a max of 2%. Also the design is a double track, but I wanted the tracks to spread out before they each hit the bridge, so I can put a rock outcrop between the tracks. Even with these changes, the rest is still intact................for now.

      On the weekend, I finish the length of the back wall for the framework under the tracks.
 

     I'm printing my track plan in sections, here's the first peninsula.



     Working on the second peninsula. This one is a long one, measuring about 16' long and between 4-5' wide. Once this is done, this whole part of the layout is what I'll be working on till my wife moves out of her office in May. Then I will start on the second half of the layout.



     So I've got plenty of work waiting for me. So far 70 1''x4"x 8' and 900 screws. I pre drilled before every screw so that the wood wouldn't crack. I've got this useful drill bit/screw bit flip, saves lots of time. Oh and everything is level and sturdy.
     Will try to make a video next week explaining the layout.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment