Monday, September 22, 2014

A plan would be very helpful

     I downloaded a free train design software called SCARM (Simple Computer Aided  Railway Modeller) and started designing something that I would like on the space I had decided on. Instead of starting with something small such as a 4' x 8', I decided on a long term plan of 12' x 35' which I separated into 3 phases.

     After playing around with this software for over 3 weeks, I finally achieved something that I liked. The picture on the right shows phase I. The green tracks are for the passenger train which will be on the two highest level and the blue track will be my freight on the two lower levels. There's about 12" in height difference.

     What I liked about this software was being able to see my design in 3D. The orange building will be the box car yard and the blue boxes will be my container yard. Up on top will be the passenger train station.

I know that my plan will see changes, but the main idea is pretty much settled.





No comments:

Post a Comment