Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's a start

     Work as started on the tables. In my phase I, ten tables need to be build. The main reason for building so many tables is that if ever I need to move my layout, I just need to cut the tracks at the table joint, undo the legs and separate the tables. 

     Unfortunately, the nearest hobby shop is one hour drive, so I started searching for a good online store. I did find two that are very well known, plenty of stock at good prices. All I have to watch for is the shipping fees and duty since I'm in Canada.

     I finally did my first purchase, three freight cars, A freight locomotive and a yard locomotive. The yard loco is an Atlas Alco S2 and the freight loco is a Bowser Alco C630M with Tsunami sound, fantastic sound.

     I also bought Atlas Flex track that come in lengths of 36" and a few Peco turnouts, but unfortunately, the track connectors are back order.

     It's happening, it's getting very interesting, can't wait to get a loco running.

No comments:

Post a Comment